Eeek Gods on Y Garn, SBSMG Snow Hike Review

So if you've never pushed yourself until you've got tears in your eyes, you don't know what you are capable of!
On Sunday 8 Boreattonites joined with the Shropshire Borders Scout Mountaineering Group for the 'In Search of Snow Hike'. One of the hardest hikes we've done for ages, not because of the snow but it was a very steep climb in pretty horrible weather. There's not much keeps me away from my food but I preferred to keep walking rather than take my glove off to eat!
Overall though I'm sure everybody will look back on it as a fantastic day and all the scouts said it was better than going to archery. Fortunately my camera has a button so I could take photos without a touch screen, I couldn't stop it from steaming up though so the photos may be more foggy than it really was, no actually it was foggy too :-)

Just a Little Hill to Start
OK, This is the Plan...
Jump, but that water is FAST
Chris Fryer, the Old Man of the Mountain
It Really was that Slippery.
Of Course We've got Time for a Snowball Fight
It's this deep?
The Ice is so Thin We can Take it Home...
Farewell, Llyn Idwal

Comments